What Sets Alexandria Country Day & Independent Schools Apart?
Tuition for 2017-2018: $5,900
Tuition Assistance is available and is awarded on the basis of need. Please call for more information.
A Meal Plan is available from Piccadilly or students can bring a packed lunch.
Non-refundable registration fee: $250.00
Activity fees vary from $315 - $365 depending on grade level (fee includes a technology fee, art fee, yearbook fee, Parent Club dues, and classroom fees, which go toward fees and activities throughout the school year).
2017-2018 Enrollment Information
SCHOOL STUDENT FEE POLICY
The following page shows the table for our yearly tuition and student fees being charged, including an explanation of how fees are utilized. The table shows current fees and will be updated as needed when fees change.
The Classroom Fee includes the cost for field trips, class parties, a school carnival booth, and teacher appreciation luncheon/gifts. All other fees are self-explanatory, i.e., Art Fee for art supplies.
All fees are due prior to the beginning of the school year, with the date of Open House in August each year serving as the final deadline. (Calendar dates will vary dependent upon scheduling for Open House.)
Preferred method of payment is credit card through our online registration process.
Economic Hardship Waivers include either a reduction or waiver of fees dependent upon documentation verifying the need for assistance. Examples of such documentation include: proof of unemployment benefits or public assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicaid, or documentation showing children in foster care. Each waiver request will be reviewed on a case by case basis, based upon documentation submitted. No records will be withheld for failure to pay a fee.
Open Enrollment Begins February 21, 2018
Registration fee: $250
• The following documents are required to complete the online application:
-Copy of Birth Certificate
-Copy of Social Security Card
-Copy of current shot records
-Copy of report card (current and last school year)
-Copy of standardized test scores are required for grades 1 through 8
• We will review all of your documentation along with your application. There may be a short interview or evaluation with your child to determine academic need. Students in second through eighth grades will be required to take a placement test, which will be administered at the school. There is a fee associated with the placement test.
• The admissions process for PK3 - 1st grade includes a screening for developmental readiness. The screening is done on our campus by certified teachers.
Placement tests and screenings will scheduled by the school after your registration is complete.
After School Programs
• ACDS offers After-School Care for PreK3 – 8th grade students. The hours are 3:30 P.M. – 5:30 P.M.
• Study Zone is an after-school tutorial program which is available for 3rd – 8th grade students. The program is under the direction of ACDS teachers.
Alexandria Country Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, disability or any other type of protected category in violation of state or federal law or regulation in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
ACDS Director of Admissions
5603 Bayou Rapides Rd.
Alexandria, LA 71303